Join Team ABC’s of Dance!
We’re looking for a magical dance teacher for Summer 2019!
ABC’s of Dance is seeking a positive, nurturing, engaging ballet, tap, and jazz dance camp teacher for our studio in West Hollywood. Camps are Monday-Friday from 10am-3pm for ages 4-8.
Possibility for weekly classes for next dance season (August-June)
*Required availability – Please do not apply if you are not available to teach from 10am-3pm during the following dates:
Training the week of April 15-19 for 2-3 days (specific days TBA)
**Please read on for instructions on how to apply.
About ABC’s of Dance:
ABC’s of Dance is a family owned and operated dance studio in West Hollywood, CA with over 18 years of experience owning a studio. We are dedicated to nurturing our dancers in a positive learning environment. Encouraging and connecting with each and every child is the key to making them feel important and keeping them inspired to do their best. We are passionate about helping our students build confidence by giving all of our dancers the opportunity to shine. Our goal is for each of our students to be the best person they can be, and we believe dance and the performing arts has a positive impact on young lives.
- Love to dance and teach to share this joy with your students
- Nurture your young students with kindness, respect, and encouragement
- Know in your heart that having a positive learning environment is key to helping students flourish
- Truly adore young children and are easily able to engage with them
- Value teaching excellence and continued personal and professional learning
- Believe that age-appropriate structure and expectations of students will help students thrive in and out of class
- Have a passion for providing the next generation with an amazing performing arts education
We would love to hear from you!
Our teaching team loves to exceed the expectations of our students and to create cherished memories for each child and parent in our studio.
- A welcoming, kind, nurturing teacher with a genuine love of teaching young children
- Training in classical ballet, tap, and jazz
- An ability to build connections with students, parents, and other team members
- Experienced and confident leading and engaging a class of young children
- Good knowledge of early childhood development
- Believes in our values and teaching philosophy and the importance of positivity and encouragement
- You delight in seeing your young students flourish
- Experienced following a syllabus and planning for the progressive learning of each class
- A desire for personal growth and continued professional development
- Reliable, professional, and accountable
- Confident with online systems for general administrative tasks
In this role, you will:
- Teach dance camp Monday-Friday from 10am-3pm
- Teach students ballet, tap, and jazz
- Choreograph and teach students 3 dances (ballet, tap, and jazz) to be performed for parents on Friday.
- Assist our front desk person with passing out snacks
- Assist dancers as needed with snacks and lunch time
- Instruct students how to complete a craft each day
- Run the camp show on Friday
Start Date: Training the week of April 15-19 (specific days TBA), Teaching camp the weeks of June 10-14, 17-21, 24-28
Hours Per Week: 25 hours per week for 3 weeks
Location: ABC’s of Dance in West Hollywood
Rate: $30/hour. Our studio is growing quickly and we’re looking for a long term team member to grow with us. The role is for summer camps, but can move to weekly classes in the fall for the right person.
How to apply:
If you feel like we’re an organization you would love to be part of, please complete the following steps:
Write a one or two page Google doc addressing how you meet the selection criteria above and include the link within the application form.
Applications close April 10, 2019.